Search Master app allows you to show product recommendations blocks on your store pages. These blocks include:
Most popular products
Customers who bought these also bought
You can add these product recommendation blocks to different pages on your store - home page, category page, product page, shopping cart page, blog page or even a third-party page.
You can set them up in the Upsell & Cross-sell section of the Search Master app admin panel.
Click the Add Recommendation button in the General tab and add a widget for a new recommendation block.
Set up the block type (new products, featured products, similar products, etc), choose a name for the block (or leave it the way it is) and select the number of products you want to display in the app.
Note: You can show up to 30 products in a product recommendation block.
1. The New products recommendation widget displays only the recently added products on your store.
2. The Similar products recommendation widget can be set up to display products that are similar by product type, product options (size and color), product tag, vendor and collections. This way shoppers see products similar to the one they’re viewing at the moment.
Note: The Similar products widget works only for the product pages.
3. The Featured products recommendation widget displays those products that you want to showcase by adding to the block manually.
4. The Most popular products recommendation widget includes your store’s all-time bestselling products.
Note: To use this block, permissions should be updated for order processing. The app will give you a message for this on the admin panel.
5. Products by attribute widget displays random products that are selected based on product type, vendor, collection or product tag.
Note: You can add this block to any page of your Shopify store.
After you set up a recommendation widget, you can add it to a selected page of your Shopify store automatically.
If you choose the Auto option, the recommendation widget gets added to the bottom part of the selected page of your store. You can also choose which pages you want to show the recommendation widget on.
Note: You can also do this manually if you want the recommendations to be displayed at a particular location. In this case, you will have to add a widget code to any place of the selected page.
You can set up to show the View product and Add to cart button or choose to display no buttons for the products recommended in the widget blocks.
You can also add your own Custom CSS to customize the look and feel of these blocks in the Settings tab of the Recommendations section.
All the information on the widget with the automatically generated widget key can be found in the General tab of the Recommendations section. You can choose to change the status of a widget here easily - Active to Hidden; Hidden to Active.
Need help setting up the product recommendations widget or not sure which one your store should use? Reach out to our experts for support.